lodging in Waterton

General Lodging information.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Leslie
Please add the numbers(11): 0

lodging in Waterton

Post by Leslie »

HI - my hubby and I are going to Glacier-Waterton for two weeks next July for our FIRST trip to the area. Does anyone have suggestions on lodging for a few nights in or around the Waterton area? The Prince of Wales hotel would be out of reach, and we don't need glitz and glamour, just someplace decent. Thanks.
Rose
Donator
Donator

Post by Rose »

Hi Leslie:

We stayed in Waterton at two different places. One was the Waterton Glacier Suites and the other was the Crandell Mountain Lodge. Waterton Glacier Suites is air conditioned and the Crandell Mountain Lodge is not air conditioned. Both rooms are very nice. The Crandell is just like being at home, with fresh baked cookies served everyday. I have a journal entry on our Waterton trip at http://travel.roughguides.com/planning/ ... alID=25800, which also has photos of the inside. The air conditioning was nice when we were there in 2003 because of all the smoke. In hindsight, I wished we had stayed there for both nights because the smoke smell made it very hard to sleep at night. Something also to take into consideration is how hot the past summers have been. I'm sad to say that I'm spoiled to air conditioning when it comes to sleeping.

One place I wouldn't recommend in Waterton is the Bayside Inn. We originally had reservations there and upon arrival went to view one of the rooms. We ended up viewing more than one room and they were all dirty. We refused to stay there even though we had our reservations for over a year. Glacier Suites is just a block or so away and is owned by the same people, but is much newer, nicer and cleaner. Plus its got air conditioning!

Hope this helps!
Hockey Ref
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by Hockey Ref »

Rose -- You serve fresh-baked cookies at home every day? Can I come live with you? :D
Hockey Ref

"No man lies on his death bed wishing he'd spent more time at the office...or getting chemo."
Rose
Donator
Donator

Post by Rose »

You would have to definitely fight off my husband.... he is the 'cookie monster' as that is his first choice for dessert!! (And sorry to disappoint you.... I don't serve cookies at home very often.... that just means I have to walk more now in order to be ready for the famous "Hockey Ref" hike next year!) :D
northshorehiker

Post by northshorehiker »

Getting back to lodging in Waterton for a second, I can heartily recommend the Waterton Lakes Lodge. We used this spot as a half-way break on our honeymoon trip and had a lovely room with a gas fireplace, which worked great for drying out our rain-soaked gear for the second leg of the trip. =^) The rooms are very comfortable, pretty reasonably priced, and the restaraunt downstairs was also VERY good for that first meal after being in the backcountry for a few days. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

==
Chris
http://www.cbimages.com
Leslie

Post by Leslie »

Thanks, Chris - That's a big help.
Tara
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by Tara »

We stayed at the Bayside Inn and our room was just fine...very spacious, very clean, and a great view! This was summer of 2005.

Return to “Lodging”